HELPING WITH THE EMETOPHOBIA – THE FEAR OF BEING SICK AND VOMITING – HYPNOTHERAPY IN CENTRAL LONDON, READING AND DIDCOT
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07807 540142
THE FEAR AND PHOBIA OF VOMITING AND BEING SICK, AND THE FEAR OF SEEING OTHERS BEING ILL, SICK AND VOMITING – EMETOPHOBIA
The fear of vomiting or emetophobia is quiet a common phobia and if this is something that if you thought you were alone in suffering then please be assured that you’re not alone; and that there are many people out there similar to you. Also be assured that this phobia and the phobic reaction can go and often within 2 to 3 sessions and can be surprisingly easy to be rid of, using hypnotherapy I can help you.
Often there will be a root cause and this is will I suggest we start and after successfully dealing with it at this level we can move to the present, the here and now; and then address any and all changes you will experience from then onwards.
Many people will start to feel better the moment they decide to make changes in their lives – and this can be just a phone call or email away
Call 07807 540142 or Email today
What is a phobia?
A phobia is a persistent, irrational fear of, and a desire to avoid, certain object/s, animals, events or situations. It is considered by mainstream psychology that the only 2 fears that we are all born with are of sudden loud noises and of height, any fear of heights is actually a fear of falling.
Other people consider that you are not born with a phobia – and that it’s a learned response. A learned response which has by situations in the past, of which almost always have a root cause, which you then react to when confronted by the phobic stimulus. With phobias even the anticipation, of thoughts or by thinking of the situation will often be enough to provoke the reaction. The person will then experience feelings, reaction and responses of anxiety, fear, panic and panic attacks.
Using hypnotherapy, NLP, positive psychology and EFT, I can re-programme your thoughts, change your associations and replace them with new, more appropriate feelings, reaction, behaviours, emotions and thoughts.
If you have a fear of vomiting, just reading the title of this article might make you a bit queasy. The mere mention of the “V word” might send you into a state of anxiety. If you can relate, I encourage you to press on despite your worry, so you can take the first steps to overcoming it.
If you suffer with this type of phobia (specifically known as emetophobia), you are not only repulsed by the idea of vomiting, you fear it. And you probably have at least one of these fears, too:
- Not being able to find a bathroom in time
- Vomiting over and over and being unable to stop
- Choking on vomit and suffering physically
- Embarrassing yourself in front of others
- Being admitted to a hospital
Many people say that the anticipation of vomiting is often worse than the act itself
Some Symptoms and indicators Include
- You avoid new foods, restaurants, or alcohol.
- You avoid foods, beverages, or restaurants associated with past vomiting.
- You avoid saying or hearing the words “vomit,” “barf,” “puke,” or “tossing your cookies.”
- You close your eyes during vomiting scenes on television or in movies.
- You check other people for signs of illness and avoid hospitals and sick people.
- You refuse to shake hands with people.
- You avoid garbage and other foul-smelling or dirty things.
- You engage in excessive handwashing, as well as cleaning food and preparation surfaces.
- You throw away food before it has reached its expiration date.
- You smell and check food excessively.
- You overcook food to kill potential pathogens.
- You use antacids preemptively.
- You avoid eating foods when you’re away from home.
- You check the locations of bathrooms.
- You restrict or avoid travel, school, work, and social activities.
- You take your temperature excessively or monitor your body for other signs of illness.
Etymology and Meaning
The word Phobia itself is derived from the Greek word Phobos meaning extreme fear and flight. The ancient Greek God, Phobos was believed to be able to reduce the enemies of the Greeks to a state of terror, making victory in battle more inevitable
Emetophobia as described by Anxiety org – HERE
Call 07807 540142 or Email today